The infamous practice of adding a price premium to tech products imported into Australia is now under the scrutiny of a parliamentary committee, with submissions open until 6 July, 2012. If vendors bother to respond at all – in his letter establishing the inquiry, Senator Stephen Conroy notes (PDF) that the tech sector was …
Its as good an excuse as the retailers have.
Au has dropped in value recently but currencies are still worth about the same at present, So WTF is going on?
Just one example, Same applies to everything else,Hardware,Software.
I no longer buy games here it has become a joke, Cheaper to import from UK, Original boxed title,free shipping etc etc
I would love to buy that 690 here and support local business's but no way I am paying 50% more,I think someone has done a typo with that 0 and it should be 5% but it has just stuck with us all this time. ;)
Also effects Nvidia's profit on paper, Another sale lost.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't