India’s growing urban population is under concerted cyber attack as criminals increasingly focus advanced targeted techniques on small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and look to exploit piecemeal security and low levels of awareness, according to the latest report from Symantec. The security giant’s Internet Security Threat …
let me guess
Most of these attacks consist of someone phoning up and pretending to work for Microsoft and telling you that your PC has been hacked and that they need the IP address so they can RDP into it and ... and ...
Still it's a boon for the attackers - no international phone charges, more profit!
How did you let that opportunity slip by?
So when they said when your role goes to India you are welcome to move too, that's what they meant!
Indian companies in my experience during the past three years of attempting to sell them solutions for DR etc show that they have little knowledge or any eagerness to deploy security solutions of any kind. All they look at is the cost and value their data safety likewise.
When you consider that banks think that 4-5 hours of downtime is acceptable ... what can one say!
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month