I've asked for 4 billion.
I pay myself 200 grand a year, and hire a team of 5 retired builders who for a hobby help me, and from the interest, then I
1. buy houses as they come on the market.
2. Do them up, insulate the ssht out of them.
3. Completely re-roof with solar tiles, so they look normal.
4. Rent them out until they are worth the orginal cost, then sell them.
When I'm sixty five, I give the government their 4 Billion back, and the problem is solved.
Alas, there are flaws in the plan which make it unviable. These are.
1. No MP's children get a job.
2. No MP gets a lucrative non-executive directorship at PepsiCo or somewhere.
3. I don't provide a sink for unemployed single mothers, or unskilled immigrants,
4. I don't have any built in dependency on Barrosso or any other EU department.
5. There's no funding for the Fawcett Society to get one of their middle class failures into a six figure desk job, with some stupid job description like "Diversity Strategist"
All I do is _completely_ solve the problem.
So naturally. It won't happen.