back to article Sony's customisable Xperia U hits retail

Sony's latest Android smartphone, the Xperia U, hit retail today, completing the first trio of handsets in the company's NXT collection. The Sony Xperia U is the smallest of its NXT range siblings, with a 3.5in Bravia-branded touchscreen at a resolution of 480 x 854. Sony Xperia U Powered by a 1GHz processor with 512MB of Ram …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Is there even a market?

For a smartphone this compromised on Storage?

And from Sony of all people.

WTF?

4GB and no uSD?

Really? Come on, that is a massive fail! The "cloud" is unreliable, data connections are expensive and capped, wtf was Sony thinking?

Silver badge
FAIL

Re: 4GB and no uSD?

> wtf was Sony thinking?

Praying this doesn't fail as hard as the Vita and most of their other recent products.

It's a budget phone

I believe it's the cheapest dual core phone you can currently get. If you need oodles of storage, perhaps it's not the right phone for you. Sure, a uSD slot would have nailed it good and proper, but I will bet the consumption of my hat that sales figures will argue against any suggestion of "fail" for this device.

Nev
Bronze badge
Thumb Down

End of the road...

...for me and Sony phones.

Been with them ever since the K750i.

Was that really 7 years ago..... [sigh]

After the Xperia Pro Mini I'll have to look elsewhere.

Re: End of the road...

That is a shame....I have been with them since the T610i, and my current Xperia S is like the SonyEricsson before it....only better in every way. More stable, faster, better built. Seems a shame to move on just as they are seriously getting their act together.....

Anonymous Coward

Re: End of the road...

Your loss.

My Xperia Arc S is superb...

Or you could wait for

The Xperia SX which looks to be all this phone isn't; small, light, expandable (8GB internal and takes an micro SD), fast (dual 1.5GHz and LTE), hi-res screen and launches with ICS. Japan only at the moment but looks a good option for those of us who don't want surfboard sized phones.

Re: Or you could wait for

Good call, but the chances they'll fit it with a user-replaceable battery? If not, then a complete no-go for the increasing numbers of people realising the folly of unnecessary network-sponsored obsolescence.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums