EMC is mashing up operational data reporting from its products to build dashboards integrating customer spreadsheet and database information to provide charge back and resource usage in an IT-as-a-service scenario. This bridging between EMC operational data and customer data leads to the mashup's moniker: DataBridge. The product …
Not good news for any company that one. It's like giving the FD control of the IT....oh, hold on!
Not all. It's just a tool for doing what we do now more accurately.
The FD should not be 'in charge' of IT at all, the business should be. This will allow the business to get a good grasp of how much it costs to do what they want.
An average IT operations professional manages data across hundreds of networks
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots