EMC is mashing up operational data reporting from its products to build dashboards integrating customer spreadsheet and database information to provide charge back and resource usage in an IT-as-a-service scenario. This bridging between EMC operational data and customer data leads to the mashup's moniker: DataBridge. The product …
Not good news for any company that one. It's like giving the FD control of the IT....oh, hold on!
Not all. It's just a tool for doing what we do now more accurately.
The FD should not be 'in charge' of IT at all, the business should be. This will allow the business to get a good grasp of how much it costs to do what they want.
An average IT operations professional manages data across hundreds of networks
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth