EMC is mashing up operational data reporting from its products to build dashboards integrating customer spreadsheet and database information to provide charge back and resource usage in an IT-as-a-service scenario. This bridging between EMC operational data and customer data leads to the mashup's moniker: DataBridge. The product …
Not good news for any company that one. It's like giving the FD control of the IT....oh, hold on!
Not all. It's just a tool for doing what we do now more accurately.
The FD should not be 'in charge' of IT at all, the business should be. This will allow the business to get a good grasp of how much it costs to do what they want.
An average IT operations professional manages data across hundreds of networks
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can