EMC is mashing up operational data reporting from its products to build dashboards integrating customer spreadsheet and database information to provide charge back and resource usage in an IT-as-a-service scenario. This bridging between EMC operational data and customer data leads to the mashup's moniker: DataBridge. The product …
Not good news for any company that one. It's like giving the FD control of the IT....oh, hold on!
Not all. It's just a tool for doing what we do now more accurately.
The FD should not be 'in charge' of IT at all, the business should be. This will allow the business to get a good grasp of how much it costs to do what they want.
An average IT operations professional manages data across hundreds of networks
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs