Security watchers are warning users about a new worm that spreads via Facebook's instant messaging feature and also inserts itself under the guise of misleading messages on other social networking websites and IM services. The malware typically arrives in the form of a private Facebook IM that points towards a malware-loaded …
Accuracy is important in security stories.
>"If opened the archive goes to work".
No it doesn't. If "opened", the archive has a file in it. If the file is extracted *and* run, _then_ it goes to work.
If someone had developed a corrupt zip file that could auto-run code merely by being "opened", that would be important news, but how would you report it when you've been inaccurately telling people that that's what already happens for years?
At least nothing of any importance could possibly be damaged by this one.
Quote "is designed to snoop into message-posting, the deletion of posted messages and the sending of private messages via websites including as Facebook, MySspace, Twitter, WordPress and Meebo"
Are the malware writers really THAT bored / sad and lonely?
Re: THAT bored / sad and lonely?
No, they really are that greedy. I'm sure there's some click fraud involved somewhere, and that can be quite profitable.
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it