back to article Acer crosses Ivy Bridge with latest laptops

Acer has revealed a pair of Ivy Bridgers through a new addition to its TravelMate laptop range and another Aspire M-series Ultrabook with dedicated graphics and an optical drive. The Acer Aspire M5 comes in both 14in and 15in models with screen resolutions of 1366 x 768 pixels. As with the Aspire M3 - launched earlier this year …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Interesting spec

I can essentially live with the so-so resolution, I cannot do without an nVidia GPU to run many of our CUDA programs. A fairly portable 14" with a pretty nifty CUDA punch goes a long way to ticking all the boxes for my work.

Thumb Up

Choice shmoice

Thanks for putting the utterly pathetic screen resolution in the 2nd para, you saved me wasting any further time.

If anyone knows of any non 16:9 laptop out there to replace my 4yr old Acer Travelmate with 1680x1050 15.4" I'd be grateful of the tipoff.

Devil

Re: Choice shmoice

How about a 15inch Macbook Pro with the high-resolution option? That's still 16:10 I believe.

Silver badge
Unhappy

Nice specs, shame about the face.

All it would take is a somewhat better screen. We are obviously not talking so-called "retina display" but is it quite impossible for the OEMs to get past that poor display resolution at ordinary price-points? Has anybody got a clue as to why they are (all) doing this?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums