China may boast staggeringly large internet and mobile phone user numbers but the latest government figures show that the quality and speed of the services most are receiving still leave a lot to be desired. Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) vice minister Shang Bing used the occasion of World …
iOS impact overstated
"number one in the world for new iOS and Android activations" - this is misleading (the statistic was for Android and iOS taken together). As I understand it Android has nearly 70% of the smartphone market share in China and iOS is at 6%. Even WP is ahead of iOS at 7% and that's starting from nothing 2 months ago.
Re: iOS impact overstated - Pedantry alert
Well, so long as the 6% of the Chinese market is the largest single-country chunk of iOS activations, then the original statement could still hold true alongside yours.
It will be interesting to compare
both 3G and LTE development in China during the next few years with that obtaining in India....
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?