Feeds

What is SpaceX Dragon's secret cargo?

This topic was created by bridainep, reg reporter .

What is SpaceX Dragon's secret cargo?

SpaceX has hinted that the Dragon cargoship that's due to blast off to the International Space Station on May 19 to make history as the first commercial craft to dock with the ISS could be carrying a secret payload. The last time a Dragon had a secret cargo, it was a round of cheese in homage to Monty Python.

So what do we reckon it is this time? A can of Spam? Two halves of a coconut? Something not Python-related?

Bronze badge
Coat

Re: What is SpaceX Dragon's secret cargo?

A dead parrot

Silver badge

why a dead one? what the hell would be the point of that?

Bronze badge
Happy

A Welsh tart!

Bronze badge
Joke

Re: What is SpaceX Dragon's secret cargo?(@ ravenviz)

But it's not rated for human passengers yet. And women of negotiable morality are still human.

...Even if they are Welsh.

Silver badge

"A dead parrot"

It's not dead. It's just resting.

Bronze badge

@NomNomNom

Whoooosh!

What was that??

Oh, just a Monty Python reference passing overhead...

Silver badge
Pint

A few bottles of Château de Chasselas from the four Yorkshiremen? To wash down the spam?

Silver badge

Sir

Replacement Fleshlights.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Sir

eurgh! - especially in zero G...

Silver badge

Re: Sir

I think it would be worse without them :P

Bronze badge

Space Cheese...

Surely in homage to Wallace and Grommet it'll be a fine chunk of moon Wensleydale.

It'd make me truckle, if the first thing that astronauts found inside was a big space cheese.

Pies and fags.

It's pies and fags. Almost definitely.

Secret Cargo

An Olympic Torch maybe?

Anonymous Coward

Hugo Drax

Trollface

Or...

The Holy Hand grenade of Antioch.... just to annoy Dept of Homeland Psychosis, I mean Security.

Silver badge

Re: Or...

Surely they'd need to sent a bunny so that the astronauts would have a reason to use said Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Megaphone

Please

Let it be Jedward.....!

once there, jetison... Yay..!

Cod lukfisk. Just make sure you don't open the case within 100km of civilisation.

Silver badge

or put the cube in the cube

Silver badge

Could it be parachutes? maybe NASA have found out a giant asteroid is heading towards earth like in that movie about a giant asteroid heading towards earth. So NASA sends up parachutes to the space station crew so that they can jump to safety but don't warn the rest of us back here on Earth. Typical. Remind me I seem to have forgotten - what IS the point of NASA again? Why are we paying them when they don't warn us?

Silver badge

Think sideways

It might be a tribute to another comedy group like The Goodies. Probably not enough room for a giant pussy so maybe a flat cap and black pudding.

Silver badge

Re: Think sideways

It was YOU who down-voted all my comments wasn't it? DONT DENY IT. It MUST have been you because you posted a comment RIGHT AFTER MINE. Did you think you could get away with?! You didn't EVEN HAVE THE COMMON DECENCY TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU VOTED ME DOWN TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

good point about The Goodies, they were funny and yet have been largely under-acknowledged so a tribute to them would be about time. If they go with the black-pudding as you suggest it might create a new record too because I suspect it would be the first black pudding ever to be sent into space, possibly even the first cooked breakfast food.

Bronze badge
Trollface

if someone is going to fall victim to the martial art of "Ecky-Thump" on the ISS, the pool of "usual suspects" will be fairly limited. (But Hitchcock would have made it work)

Silver badge
Joke

Tribute to the Goodies? Like a trandem (three-seater bike) as replacement for the three-man Soyuz capsule

Bronze badge
Thumb Up

Or those plastic Ketchup dispensers shaped like a tomato!

Trollface

SpaceX's articles of incorporation

...and Elon Musk's citizenship.

It's been a tax dodge aaaallll alonng.

Anonymous Coward

The worst would be

Layoff and notice of closure of the space station project?

Pint

http://www.urthecast.com/

Silver badge

Not a sealed tin of Spam.

Not in a low pressure environment anyway. Maybe some trout and a salmon to do the Fish Slapping Dance on a space walk.

Facepalm

It won't be spam

"Spam in a can" has already been to space - that's how early Mercury astronauts were described, due to being passengers in largely-automated capsules.

Plus, Space-X want to get some real humans up there soon. I'm sure they don't want us thinking about spam in a can then.

WTF?

Re: It won't be spam

Sardines, perhaps?

(What? No fish icon? What the fish will have to do!)

hmm

Remember Lester saying he had a much more powerful rocket for Vulture 2?

Alien

My guess...

Several pints of Bitter, a few packets of salted peanuts, and most important of all - a good towel.

You should never leave your home (planet) without your towel, especially if you might meet a ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

Re: My guess...

Or Vogon poetry?

Holmes

A toolkit,some sticky tape...

....and some secret instructions on how to build a REAL spaceship

Bronze badge
Linux

A penguin on top of the telly...

Anonymous Coward

Surely

Surely it is Vegemite (from Australia)

Pint

or more simply

an homage to el reg and send up a playmonaut. After all the ISS is lacking in that department.

Re: or more simply

Surely THE playmonaut.

Launch currently on Nasa TV: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Alien

Who knows...

Let me see: new spaceship... mysterious secret cargo...

It's got to be Daleks. It's always Daleks.

Gold badge
Happy

Aha!

Maybe they've managed to find that crate with the Ark of the Covenant in it.

Anonymous Coward

Spoiler

The ashes of James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) and Mercury Astronaut Gordo Cooper (and 298 other persons). What do I win?

Go

A playmonaut

What else?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon