back to article Acronis creates new roles for biz and M&A hotshots

Data protection software supplier Acronis has created two new roles on its executive team: senior vice president in corporate development and SVP in global business development. The move suggests the firm is anticipating a spike in growth and is preparing itself to make a few acquisitions, or even positioning itself to be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Now if they just fix .......

Acronis has a serious quality control and customer support problem. Read the forums. The software is not a reliable system and could cost users all of their data. Successive releases have more serious problems than what they fix. Read forums.

They seem to focus on new "marketing" features rather than making a stable, easy to use, non-catastrophic, code base. V2010 - generally considered to be reasonably functional and stable. V 2011 - not so much. V 2012 - OMG.

They do not seem responsive to problems that should have never passed new product regression and live testing. Your existence (in the digital world) is at risk here. Only an OS needs to be more reliable than your backup/restore software. This software has the tenancy to instill horror and fear. It may cause a reinstall from bare iron. The necessary thrust needs to be in testing and reliability. This article talks about acquisitions; they need competent management, a cadre able to properly test their software, a group understanding the design parameters for user interfaces, and some people who get "customer service/support". It ain't hard. Costly (in the short term) perhaps. But the only long term survival strategy.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Now if they just fix .......

Yep, fuckedcompany, for sure. Their core product is not safe, can't be trusted with data, and has a nasty habit of trashing some machines when removed (hint: take a quick backup with EASUS Todo or similar working free software before uninstalling).

The "non-stop backup" in TruImage isn't, too. It has a nasty habit of failing silently, leaving you with the impression that everything is fine when in fact you haven't had a backup for months.

It's markedly worse than the stuff that ships with Windows. Acronis used to make some nice stuff, but now they seem to ship a ton of broken crap with shiny interfaces. Avoid.

Re: Now if they just fix .......

I could not agree more. I used to be a huge fan. I bought a copy of their SBS 2011 server product for one of my customers - their own tech support could not get it to work and eventually they gave me my money back. It's a shame, they used to have some lovely products.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums