There were quite a few surprises in today’s GTC12 keynote by NVIDIA CEO and co-founder Jen-Hsun Huang. If NVIDIA were just introducing a new and faster rev of its latest GPU processor, one that brings three times the performance without breaking the bank on energy usage, that would be a solid win, and in line with expectations. …
... all lazy traffic cops require copious amounts of doughnuts - now they have time to consume them ...
Re: doughnuts ...
Apple's patent police are working overtime on this one.
They only have one
Nvidia only has one working chip so feast your eyes. It's not for sale and may never be at the rate they are having defect issues.
Show us product we can go out and buy. Always the bait-and-switch with nVidia.
3 times the power ?
Wow. I wonder how that will translate in terms of frames/second - or will it ?
I hope Nvidia will be able to produce a proper number of chips for end-users, what with TSMC's backlog and all the rest of the problems. Seems to me like we'll see another sale date come without any product in shop - and no, one card on sale somewhere does not count in my view, either you have properly stocked your retail chain, or you can get stuffed is what I say.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?