For a company that had to be dragged to the microserver space – though not exactly kicking and perhaps muttering instead of screaming – Intel has certainly taken a shining to the market and is not about to give X86 rival Advanced Micro Devices and the army of ARM RISC server wannabes any chance of getting a toehold in this …
minimal amount of cpu
just give them a VM and crank the CPU mhz limit down. That's what virtualization is for right?
I got tired of waiting but I tried cranking down a CentOS 6 64-bit VM to 66Mhz and started it up from cold boot. after 5 minutes I stopped waiting (it just entered run level 3)
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market