For a company that had to be dragged to the microserver space – though not exactly kicking and perhaps muttering instead of screaming – Intel has certainly taken a shining to the market and is not about to give X86 rival Advanced Micro Devices and the army of ARM RISC server wannabes any chance of getting a toehold in this …
minimal amount of cpu
just give them a VM and crank the CPU mhz limit down. That's what virtualization is for right?
I got tired of waiting but I tried cranking down a CentOS 6 64-bit VM to 66Mhz and started it up from cold boot. after 5 minutes I stopped waiting (it just entered run level 3)
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad