For a company that had to be dragged to the microserver space – though not exactly kicking and perhaps muttering instead of screaming – Intel has certainly taken a shining to the market and is not about to give X86 rival Advanced Micro Devices and the army of ARM RISC server wannabes any chance of getting a toehold in this …
minimal amount of cpu
just give them a VM and crank the CPU mhz limit down. That's what virtualization is for right?
I got tired of waiting but I tried cranking down a CentOS 6 64-bit VM to 66Mhz and started it up from cold boot. after 5 minutes I stopped waiting (it just entered run level 3)
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory