For a company that had to be dragged to the microserver space – though not exactly kicking and perhaps muttering instead of screaming – Intel has certainly taken a shining to the market and is not about to give X86 rival Advanced Micro Devices and the army of ARM RISC server wannabes any chance of getting a toehold in this …
minimal amount of cpu
just give them a VM and crank the CPU mhz limit down. That's what virtualization is for right?
I got tired of waiting but I tried cranking down a CentOS 6 64-bit VM to 66Mhz and started it up from cold boot. after 5 minutes I stopped waiting (it just entered run level 3)
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015