For a company that had to be dragged to the microserver space – though not exactly kicking and perhaps muttering instead of screaming – Intel has certainly taken a shining to the market and is not about to give X86 rival Advanced Micro Devices and the army of ARM RISC server wannabes any chance of getting a toehold in this …
minimal amount of cpu
just give them a VM and crank the CPU mhz limit down. That's what virtualization is for right?
I got tired of waiting but I tried cranking down a CentOS 6 64-bit VM to 66Mhz and started it up from cold boot. after 5 minutes I stopped waiting (it just entered run level 3)
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...