Amnesty International UK's website was hacked early this week in an assault ultimately geared towards planting malware onto the PCs of visiting surfers. Malicious Java code was planted on the site in a bid to push the Gh0st RAT Trojan onto vulnerable Windows machines. If successful, the attack plants malware onto machines that …
Now there's a problem...
Wonder what happens if the hackers turn out to be from a country with an oppressive regime?
Is nowhere sacred.
Another Tactic: PDF Spearphishing
As a certain gobbermint has problems with the Tibetan nationalists, they spearphished activists using virus-laden PDFs.
They were specially interested in the Dalai Lama's GPG key, apparently.
Better get rid of Java, Flash, Acrobat, Photoshop and the other Commercialware CHICOM-Intel-enablers.
But then, didn't Lenin say "capitalists are going to sell you weak software to be exploited by communists" ? Or was it ropes ?
I always thought it was
"When we hang the capitalists, they will sell us the rope we use."
To have a sniff around their servers and expose their blood diamond mining operations.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base