Optus has decided to take the fight over its personal video recorder as a service to the High Court, after lower courts recently decreed the service breaches copyright. A media statement issued just a few moments ago quotes Optus CEO Paul O’Sullivan as saying “We believe the TV Now case is extremely important in deciding the …
Is the video file (a) created when the user requests it, (b) created automatically and *then* made available if the user requests it? If multiple people request the same file, are (a) multiple version created, or (b) only one version is shared between all users?
If Optus answers (b) for any of the above, then *Optus* is doing the copying and then distributing the copies.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know