Feeds

back to article RIM's new BlackBerry Curve 9320 tempts teens

RIM churned out another BlackBerry this week: the Curve 9320, a low-cost Qwerty handset pitched at yoof. The 9320 sports bog-standard specs that include a 2.4in, 320 x 240, a 3Mp camera and 512MB of Ram. BlackBerry Curve 9320 It also runs RIM's soon-to-be-superseded BlackBerry OS 7.1, but an update to the forthcoming BB10 is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

Ali G Style???

Haa haa most chavs would laugh at you like a fool for that! Most of them probably don't even know who Ali G was!

Anonymous Coward

Re: Ali G Style???

Indeed Cosmo, the author was clearly trying his hardest to get down with the kidz, and he has failed in a way that will shame him, his folk and his cattle.

Well done for applying your superior knowledge of the youth of today. (and inside knowledge of chavs?) I could feel the unabated joy pour forth in your opening words.

Meh

Why thank you AC,

This is no lie... I'm actually a born and bred Croydon man. Trust me I know more about chavs than I would ever like to!

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: Re: Ali G Style???

Hey, just because they don't remember where those snapping fingers originated from, it doesn't mean the yoof have stopped doing it.

I is still cool/sick/dope when it comes to my street cred! They don't call me Sir Burbia for nothing, ya know. ;-)

Anonymous Coward

Might sell two or three to the gold chunky chain wearing chavs.

Anonymous Coward

buy one

Get three free

Thumb Down

Just in time for summer riot season.

As for the hardware, well one can almost hear the bottom of the barrel giving way.

Meh

Those specs are an insult to barrels.

Anonymous Coward

Specs OK

can make phone calls to mates - check

can BBM mates -check

can receive calls from mum asking where they are - check

Seems slightly better than the classic Curve 9300, which is still in use by many of RIM's original target market. Then again, the Curve 9300 is a pretty old phone (by modern standards anyway - 2Years) and therefore those still on an old 9300 are clearly not RIMs /current/ market anyway - which signals an inherent problem with them.

For anyone coming from a Curve 9300 it sees a welcome upgrade - with twice the RAM and internal memory (a big problem on the 9300) ; an upgraded Camera with flash.

Bronze badge
Linux

It should be £50 and that is a lot.

A Motorola Droid Pro + which goes round 10 times around any blackberry (even the high-end models) costs £138 without contract, and I would probably be available for £15 a month too.

Blackberries as they are now feel and behave archaic.

Future Blackberries will not be so archaic (probably) but will have no software.

RIP RIM.

Bronze badge
Linux

Re: It should be £50 and that is a lot.

I meant "and IT would probably be..."

This topic is closed for new posts.