Feeds

back to article Web super-TV turns EXTREME sports fans into sofa-dwellers

Over-the-top content (OTT) – the online delivery of video and audio content that cuts out the ISP – has always seemed perfectly made for a global age where communities are widely distributed, and now we have the first pan European service for extreme or adventure sports enthusiasts. Branded Epic TV and funded by Finnish telecoms …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Stop

Hmm, I am both a creator and consumer of extreme sports videos, but I do not think I would pay 6.90 Euros a month for ONE channel :/

Joke

OTT_Adult Sports content ....

... might that include such delights as "Robson Green's Extreme Fisting"

I've wanted to see such a misprint in the Radio Times for a long time, hehe.

Anonymous Coward

They may well have thought out the backend, but they need to do something with the marketing. Try searching Google for Epic TV...

Silver badge
Unhappy

OTT?

Oh, so not the "Adult Version of Tiswas" that Chris Tarrant and Lenny Henry did, then...?

Silver badge
Happy

".............and base jumping (parachuting off tall buildings)"

They also jump off of mountains, not just tall buildings. Either way, they are barking. -:P

Re: ".............and base jumping (parachuting off tall buildings)"

If all they jumped off was buildings it would be called B jumping. BASE is an acronym for Buildings, Aerials, Spans (bridges), Earth

Silver badge
Paris Hilton

"an active Facebook account with at least 50 friends"

Seriously, you're taking the piss right? Facebook profiles with 50 or more "friends" are now considered a valid identity validator are they?

This is fail on many levels as I can assure you that your target market dose not have that number of friends, they spend their spare time either jumping off stuff or in traction so don't have a good social life!

Paris as she is considered an extreme sport in her own right these days!

Silver badge

Uh ...

Extreme sports "fans" are couch potatos, no?

I've never seen one who actually gets out & about ...

Maybe it's just me, and I've missed something ...

This topic is closed for new posts.