Feeds

back to article Germans hail Vulture 1 spaceplane

Our German readers might like to nip out today and grab a copy of this week's Die Zeit, which has a handy guide on how to make the ultimate paper plane. Paper aircraft instructions in this week's Die Zeit We're obliged to Thorsten Winterer for whipping out his camera this morning to record part of Die Zeit's comprehensive …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Erm...

>In 2010, British scientists

Who else laughed?

(Written by Reg staff) Bronze badge

Re: Erm...

Oi - watch it...

Bronze badge

Boffins!

me for sure

I'm still laughing.

Headmaster

Although there's no German equivalent to boffin, and so it might have been a valid translation, the article appeared in Die Zeit, not Bild, and so Wissenschaftler must unfortunately be translated as scientists. (but reading it made me smile...)

Silver badge
Boffin

No German equivalent to boffin?

Eierkopf!

Silver badge

Yep, I had to have a bit of a chuckle at that. No offense meant, Lester, but you guys are not scientists. More like drunk reporters having a larf (Ang on, lads, we could make a paper aeroplane and send it into space! That'd be so cool! So who's round is it?)

(Written by Reg staff) Bronze badge

Re: Re: Erm...

Although your analysis of how PARIS was born is pretty accurate, you underestimate the sheer amount of brainpower (an extra beer) which went into the mission.

Silver badge
Boffin

> Eierkopf!

That'd be "bollockhead", Shirley?

(But if the hat fits ...)

Anonymous Coward

I suppose it makes a change from "lesbian lifestyle magazine" as used by the Indy a couple of years ago.

Sorry Lester, I still get an occasional smirk recalling your "furry front bottom" remark some time back - its still a bit too fresh to think of you as a "british scientist".

Boffin

Well done on the British boffinary mention!

Silver badge
Pint

What a result, good excuse for a pint or to this evening

(as if we need an excuse)

Silver badge
Joke

Kamera

Will LOHAN be equipped with a "Kamera"?

And will it be called "LOHAN Behold"?

Kamera

At least we now know what the Playmanout is called.

Bronze badge

Re: Kamera

Bill, perhaps it was a typo for the Kamerad of PARIS?

Trollface

Just goes to show...

how much the typical journalist understands about space technology. Or Paris. Or scientists. Or indeed anything at all. Not you, our true heroes from El Reg, of course, no offense meant!

Bronze badge

„britische Forscher“

I think that britische Forscher might be more closely translated as “British researchers” (Forschung is research; Wissenschaft is science).

FAIL

Paper Plane Post?

took the Zeit (time) some time to receive the news

of El Reg´s endevour.

Seems they used paperplanes to get the message across the Channel.

Thumb Up

Roundel

The logo on the wing looks more like a swan than a vulture. Does that make Lohan an ugly duckling?

This topic is closed for new posts.