back to article iPad swipes more of tablet market

Apple extended its lead in the tablet market during the first three months of the year, as much because of a slump in sales of rival product as the arrival of the iPad 3. So said market watcher IDC today, pointing the finger at Amazon, which, it claimed, shipped just 750,000 Kindle Fire tablets in Q1, down from 4.8m in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Devil

Biting satire, probably

I get economically depressed every time I look at my bank balance. Only kidding; I’m an MP

Angel

Re: Biting satire, probably

That would imply you knew the difference between a positive number and a negative number, and which numbers are bigger than others.

Therefore you are either:

- not an MP

- the finance minister

Bronze badge
FAIL

iPad Swipeage...

I strongly suggest that what we're seeing with Amazon Kindle Fire market share in Q1 2012 is the result of an extremely high customer return rate of Fires purchased in Q4 2011. Amazon has never been willing to post numbers of actual sales, as opposed to the number shipped. Very naughty.

I still contend that what is here called the 'tablet' market is in fact TWO markets that require distinction from one another. There is the eReader market, which covers all things Kindle and Nook. Then there is the actual Tablet market that covers everything more capable than the hobbled Kindle Fire. It should include the iPod Touch on up to the iPad series.

Thumb Up

Exactly

If the iPod touch was launched now it would be called an iPad mini. Android has nothing comparable.

Silver badge

Re: Exactly

The Galaxy Note is doing quite well

Why would you buy an android?

I know your a cheapskate who thinks he can beat the bookies!

Face it the iPad is a no brainer {if you can afford to spend any money on these things}

Spend £500 on a toy

£40 a month on a contract

£0 a month on stupid apps you never use 'cus all you do is read the news or tv guide on the bloody thing

Is this it reading Steven Fry's supper and trying to piss pig heads off?

A GPS device that only works outside but cannot be read in sunlight?

Made in China by slaves

Hacked by Latvian crime lords

Oh but it is so shiny!

Fuck Im stuck with last years model, look at her, finger marks all over her face, stains on her bezel, fucking slut God you smell like piss I WISH I NEVER MET YOU

It is important that I do nothing important

Silver badge
WTF?

Re: Why would you buy an android?

Read it twice, still have no idea what you are trying to say.

Silver badge

Re: Why would you buy an android?

Can we have a 'Report to a Medical Professional' button please.

WTF?

interesting conclusion

Given that the numbers for Kindle Fire and Nook only reflect US sales, exactly how are they an indicator of European economical depression?

Does not compute.

Anonymous Coward

European economic depression

I think I disagree.

I don't think that Europe is depressed, economically, I think that Europe is economically realistic right now.

I think America is, to continue using the metaphor, economically manic. That's not good, and that needs to change, or the US debt will eventually get so large that no-one else will have any money left to loan them, not even the Chinese.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums