back to article SnapGuide

There are zillions of ‘how to’ apps that provide expert – or not-so-expert – advice on pretty much any topic you care to name. However, SnapGuide is a free app that puts you in the driving seat and allows you to share your know-how and wisdom with the rest of the world. If there’s something that you’re really good at – whether …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Is it moderated/censored?

I just had a look on the website to see if there are any guides to help me improve my sex life (don't ask). I tried various search terms but had no results. On a separate search, using the term 'bathroom', I was amused to find guides for 'How To Buy An iPad'.

It may be that iOS users have wonderful lives, in which case I'm not part of the target demographic.

Silver badge

Re: Is it moderated/censored?

>any guides to help me improve my sex life

You could always buy a new pair of gloves.

Mushroom

I wonder what would happen if you submitted an article on how to write fart apps. Would it explode?

Thumb Up

SnapGuide: How to obtain a good trade in price when upgrading to Android

Ingredients:

1. A warm smile

2. One or more 'wodges' of cash (1 wodge = 3 bundles)

3. At least 2 scraps of intelligence

Instructions:

Approach mobile telephone retailer. Apply ingredients 1 and 2 in sequential order. Speak the phrase "Hi, I would like to trade in this iPhone for an Android phone. I have money". Wait for the retailer to remove your shackles.

Anonymous Coward

Re: SnapGuide: How to obtain a good trade in price when upgrading to Android

That was almost funny until we got to the end and found the entire thing was just a veiled advert for your idiotic religious zealotry over a foreign corporation.

Perhaps more focus on the Android attributes might justify your upgrade stance?

As techies, we need better reasons than "I have money"...Afterall a Galaxy Fit is less than £100, and I wouldn't consider that a phone which shows android in its best light (i should know - I have one).

Joke

Hmn, I should probably have used the Joke icon.

How soft are iPhone users?

Why is there a picture of a fusebox?

Isn't the normal procedure

1. Make sure light switch is off

2. Change light bulb (careful not to burn your fingers)

3. Switch light on

Re: How soft are iPhone users?

Actually even step one is optional provided you aren't so dimwitted that you'd touch the metal parts while screwing in the bulb.

Silver badge

Re: How soft are iPhone users?

You, er, might want to take a closer look at the list of "supplies". Particularly, the last item.

Anonymous Coward

How to... Encourage copyright abuse

Interesting that the example they provide is how to bake Nigella's 'Love Buns'. Step 1: don't buy a copy of Nigella's book but take the recipe from this guide instead. Step 2: rest of recipe

This answers the reviewer's comment about the inability to record VoiceOver. If sound were available there would be a million and one guides entitled "How to listen to [recording artiste]'s [latest single]. " Which suggests they know full well they are encouraging copyright theft but are hoping that book publishers will be less aggressive in chasing them than the music industry would be.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums