Despite owning loss-making voice chat biz Skype, Microsoft is cuddling up to the Amazon-friendly Twilio to float a Windows Azure-powered communications hub. Microsoft and Twilio will announce on Wednesday that the startup's voice call and messaging libraries for PHP, Java and .NET have been designed to work “flawlessly” with …
Twilio claims 75,000 developers are building communications apps using its APIs and it has a mobile client for iOS
Eh? WTF? etc
Exactly how many DIFFERENT 'communications apps' can there be that don't already exist?
There really can't be that many.
My guess is that we will end up with 74,990 equivalents of the iOS Fart Apps.
What a load of tosh (IMHO)
Just think back to the days when 'The Last One' was being hyped. You might see some parallels.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked