Feeds

back to article Dell sneaks out Ivy Bridge special edition Inspirons

Dell's Singapore operation has outed a "special edition" Inspiron 15R equipped with an Ivy Bridge processor. Dell Inspiron 15R The CPU in question is the Intel Core i7-3612QM, a 2.1GHz part, backed by 6-8GB of 1600MHz DDR 3 memory depending on which of the two available models you pick if and when it arrives over here. I'd …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

They are going to have a hard time selling them

They've got rounded corners!

Anonymous Coward

I'd think twice.....

....about buying Dell again after the huge drop in build quality between my original Inspiron 9300 and the cheap plasticy Studio 17, who's trackpad has a mind of its own, that replaced it.

Anonymous Coward

Nice Exchange Rate

Who is offering the $2.01 exchange rate you have there?

Re: Nice Exchange Rate

Sing dollars - S$2.01:£1 seems about right to me

Silver badge
WTF?

Not so Special

Why on earth did they waste time creating "special" editions of their most boring and mediocre laptops?

hang on there

Do my eyes deceive me? 1080 vertical pixels on a 15" screen?

Thumb Up

Re: hang on there

Yes that vertical res looks awesome, its annoying how rare laptops are that have decent vertical resolution. I don't care about how many there are going across. 1680x1050 would be a nice compromise, especially on a 14" (train-friendly) screen.

BTW i like the keyboard... hasnt got those silly half height arrow keys.

Indeed, that's what the article says.

Finally, a 15" laptop that might actually offer me a replacement for my Acer Ferrari 4005 (which is only about 5/6 years old now) at a reasonable price point.

Silver badge
Thumb Down

vertical res looks awesome

"awesome" is a funny way of describing something worse than I had in 2004. Should be twice that by now, and 768 on the 700 quid one is a hell of an insult

This topic is closed for new posts.