back to article Fujitsu inks £50m deal to lay 'gigabit' cable for telco CityFibre

Fujitsu has inked an engineering deal worth £50m with CityFibre Holdings to roll out cabling on behalf of the telco. The Japanese tech giant previously worked with CityFibre to help it build a 103km (64-mile) fibre optic network around the City of York. CityFibre said in November last year that it was splashing up to £500m on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

when?

This company is good at press releases and not so good with actually getting anything done.

I wonder where they will get their 500 million quid from?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CityFibre?

No relation to FibreCity I trust?

...oh, google search suggests in fact they are..

1. Anonymous Coward 15

Judaean People's Front

Or the People's Front of Judaea?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Yep...

Same Company, Same People; they changed the name after FibreCity went tits-up with pavements dug-up, contractors un-paid, promises un-fulfulled... blah, blah, blah!

3. Nights_are_Long

"CityFibre"

The Chinese guy from south park read that out loud in my mind.

1. Anonymous Coward 15

Lacist!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh ye unbelievers

Mind you based on the corporate history of the players it's no surprise you are sceptical, in fact I'm amazed to see Fujitsu touch them with a bargepole, I'd be amazed if Fujitsu weren't already owed substantial amounts of money from the collapse of the previous incarnation of FibreCity or H2O or i3 or whatever other name they were using in any given country on any given day.

They've not said much about their 4G trial on Anglesey since the press release either.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4412-anglesey-set-for-wimax-4g-trial.html

Odd. How can anybody take them seriously?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like