An online news editor facing up to 20 years in a Thai prison for failing to delete quickly enough comments on the site insulting the royal family has had her case postponed again as webmasters in the country wait nervously on the outcome. Judge Nittaya Yaemsri set a new court date for 30 May, claiming more time was needed to …
Imagine how many people in the UK would be insulted for calling the royals here a bunch of useless Germanic sponges with all the charm and grace of syphilis.
While I'd agree with you about the grace and charm of Charles and Phillip, I think the queen seems generally ok. However what does it matter where their parents came from? Being British I have ancestry from all over Europe, probably Scandinavia and Germany as I'm blond and blue eyed.
Now, if you'd have said ill-educated, rather than Germanic, I'd be on-board.
I wonder if this will play out like most cases of the kind, where the Thai King personally pardons the person in question.
Good thing we don't have a "special relationship" with Thailand, or people would be extradited from the UK on request for this sort of thing, then held in prison until they plea bargain, etc.
That will teach him to insult people...
At least they aren't chopping his head off
You don't screw with a monarchy.
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers