An EU-funded project to develop open source cloud deployment tools for business will be ready for launch in June. So far the EU has spent £8.5m in development funds for the Optimised Infrastructure Services (Optimis) project, which is aimed at helping service providers to roll out public, private, and hybrid cloud architectures …
This is fantastic !
What a coincidence, I have been working diligently to create a mini-data center platform specifically for this kind of solution. http://www.crikit.info . These types of systems will eventually be the small business computing platform of the future. Compact, quiet, powerful and ready today to run a cloud architecture. Despite how flippin difficult some of those solutions are. Optimus will combine with MicroServer-based CriKit Desktop Private Cloud-like solutions and spread like wildfire through the SMB community worldwide. It can't not happen. There is too much value in the combination. Compute power plus extreme energy savings plus software automation that is easy to use simply can't be ignored. Very cool stuff if I do say so myself.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders