The UK's Information Commissioner's Office is looking to spend around £3m on its IT, with an invitation for tenders expected at the end of next month. Information commissioner Christopher Graham told vendors at Infosec during his keynote speech that the ICO hoped to publish its procurement notice in the Official Journal of the …
Public sector has more personal data than private sector?
Seriously? Does he have any idea? My phone company knows exactly where I am and exactly who I've called, for how long, over the last few years. My bank knows pretty much every financial transaction I've made, going back tens of years. Target know if I'm pregnant (I'm not).
My Council? It just about knows where I live. But it's not sure.
Oh, sorry, different Graham...
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Analysis Uber, Lyft and cutting corners: The true face of the Sharing Economy