Flash Array Frenzy
This topic was created by Chris Mellor 1 .
Flash Array Frenzy
EMC's pending acquisition of flash array start-up Xtremio will trigger an acquisition frenzy by the established storage players as grey buy their own flash array technology, looking at companies like Pure Storage, Violin Memory, Nimbus Data, Kaminario, WhipTail and others plus flash/HDD hybrid array startups like Nimble. Without doing that thy will be left behind by EMC.
Nonsense; EMC is buying a niche start-up play with no general storage relevance and it is just another example of EMC"s Hoover approach to technology start-ups; suck 'em up and pray.
What do you think?
So when do they get gobbled up, and by who? I would like to see Dell buy them out to be honest...
I feel like this is built upon rumors and speculation primarily at this point.
Nonetheless, let's say the rumors are true. If that's the case, then the *other* solid state storage companies should get very excited. Unless XtremIO has magic that 10+ other start-ups have not yet produced, an acquisition from EMC for almost half a billion dollars sets the stage for a feeding frenzy at relatively high revenue multiples. (In XtremIO's case, I believe their multiplier is approximately infinity.) There are a lot of companies out there with theoretically similar products to XtremIO; some of those companies have customer revenue, too.
(Disclaimer: I work for TMS.)
Come on then EMC. Get announcing the acquisition and set the ball rolling :-)
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor