US authorities have recommended that two controversial papers describing a genetically-engineerd form of the H5N1 virus, commonly known as bird flu, can be published. As we reported in March, The National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB) considered a paper by Dutch Scientist Dr. Ron Fouchier and recommended that it …
Time to fetch a dozen of monkeys...
...and countries like Pakistan or North Corea could never build an atomic bomb because they don't have the methodology.
So lets get this right..
Whilst the world and his dog panicked over bird flu and there seemed to no cure the scientists were genetically engineering it to make it even worse.... way to go boffins
Stupid 'security' - Do it Nature's way
Here in VietNam many indigenous farmers live in stilt houses and they keep their animals underneath the living quarters - which is how thee disease transfers to humans.
Disease mutiplication is easily achieved by housing chickens together with a carrier. Then you take an infeted bird and chop it up and smuggle the meat in to the area you want to infect.
How was this ever supposed to work?
1) Dutch scientist writes a paper on a virulent strain of bird flu
2) Americans fear foreigners will read it and create a weapon
3) Publication of the paper is banned in America
4) The foreigners who want weaponised bird flu don't live in America
n) American academia can't figure out the deadly new pathogen sweeping through their country's population
surely the point of this is to say to other countries
we HAVE figured out how to weaponize it (probably by exploiting a loophole or ignoring existing international weapons treaties banning the development of biological warfare weapons) - so don't f*ck with us and play nice.
On a seperate but related note, is anyone else worried that man might be too smart for his own good and in the process of engineering his own demise?
`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing. etc etc.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes