Intel has reportedly swooped for Korean face recognition firm Olaworks in a 35 billion won (£19.3m) deal which could be useful for the chip giant in its continuing efforts to break into the smartphone space with its Medfield platform. Although Intel told The Reg it refuses to comment on speculation, The Korea Herald claimed it …
Korean face recognition?
Not to be racist, but that does sound like a challenge in a country with less diversity in hair color, eye color, & facial structure. Especially considering they don't even get it right all the time in western countries. Good luck
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action