One new service announced today at the AWS Summit in New York is a blatantly obvious one for an online retailer: an online marketplace to shop for, compare, buy, and install applications from third parties to run on the AWS cloud services. The Amazon Marketplace, which you can visit here, has over 250 system and application …
"Throws open doors" ? Hardly
"Important: AWS Marketplace currently only supports Sellers with a US Subsidiary that can submit a W-9 tax form."
so, doors not "thrown open". Doors slightly ajar, to US only. They're happy to take money from the rest of the world, but won't pay out to non-US entities, which is just wrong.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL