Hitachi Data Systems is replacing its mid-range AMS storage arrays with a new HDS Unified Storage (HUS) array. We know this not because of any type of release or announcement from HDS or Hitachi, but rather because Avnet Belgium has spilled the beans. Have a look at this Avnet Belgium website. The webpage text says: Hitachi …
OEM or inhouse?
I wonder whether these are OEM-ed from someone or built inhouse?
Why would HDS build a fully unified box like the VNX when they can just throw an HNAS / BlueArc gateway in front for the file access layer.
So a fully multi-protocol block device with sub-lun tiering for Block customers. Add a pair of HNAS nodes for NAS/Unifed customers.
You get the traditionally high performance of the HDS mid-range systems with best in class File capabilities from the BlueArc technology in the HNAS units. From a management perspective it is no worse than Celerra was pre-VNX and lets face it the HDS management interface has never been their strength. :)
VNX == fully unified??
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Apple sends in the bulldozers as Fruit Loop construction begins