Feeds

back to article Telstra says it could work with Libs NBN FTTN policy

Telstra could work to implement a policy change to the federal opposition's current alternative NBN plan, a fibre-to-the-node network, representatives of the carrier today told a public hearing of the Joint Committee on the National Broadband Network. Under sustained questioning from Senator Doug Cameron, Telstra's Group …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Just so they know

Nothing less than fibre to each and every home and business premises will actually satisfy me.

There's their starting point at 100mbps.

Bronze badge

Fibre to the Node?

No thanks. Every time it rains, Telstra's copper network takes a hit and I loose ~50% of my broadband speed. And of course, by the time Telstra brings somebody out it has stopped raining and the line works correctly, so there never is a fault found.

Megaphone

FTTN? FOR FUCKS SAKE, Austfailia....

Oh great. This is game over, man, this is fucking game over.

Its pretty certain the Liberal 'tards are going to waltz in the next fed election, and it's pretty plain to see they will just rip the NBN to shreds with the same thinking that gave Australia freeways with only two lanes, no high-speed rail and CSIRO research into sheep dip and rainmaking rather than satellite and digital computer technology.

Yes, every time it rains the internet drops out to most homes because of crappy old copper- such as today in the Sydney CBD - our alleged Telstra ADSL2 connection is down to 128kbps with the rain - while our latest software upgrades were made available by Autodesk today - it's only a 14GB download, at 128kbps can we skip this year's upgrade and just start downloading NEXT YEARS one? Thanks Telstra, thanks Austfailian government, hey Mr Turnbull you animated turd, we can't keep up with modern software because our ISP is too fucking slow! We would choose another, but oh! thats right! Telstra have a monopoly on the infrastructure!

Without fibre to homes and businesses Austfailia will be left behind as the rest of the world embraces cloud-based software and proper connection speeds.

Bloody hell I hope that oxygen thief Turnbull drowns in his money-bath tonight.

This topic is closed for new posts.