Rackspace Hosting, one of the contenders in the fight to take on Amazon's eponymous Web Services division as the dominant public cloud, is finally confident enough in the OpenStack wares to start its internal rollout of the software underpinning its Cloud Servers, Cloud Files, and other services. By doing so, Rackspace is …
Looks like HP and Rackspace are tooling up for war...
In the last 7 days they have essentially announced exactly the same products.
Whilst both are putting on a good line of saying "it is all about the community" what it boils down to is revenue, and both companies are taking a different approach to implementing their clouds.
Rackspace are sponsors of "The Register" so there should be some sort of disclaimer/notice to that effect with this article.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad