Rackspace Hosting, one of the contenders in the fight to take on Amazon's eponymous Web Services division as the dominant public cloud, is finally confident enough in the OpenStack wares to start its internal rollout of the software underpinning its Cloud Servers, Cloud Files, and other services. By doing so, Rackspace is …
Looks like HP and Rackspace are tooling up for war...
In the last 7 days they have essentially announced exactly the same products.
Whilst both are putting on a good line of saying "it is all about the community" what it boils down to is revenue, and both companies are taking a different approach to implementing their clouds.
Rackspace are sponsors of "The Register" so there should be some sort of disclaimer/notice to that effect with this article.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'