Rackspace Hosting, one of the contenders in the fight to take on Amazon's eponymous Web Services division as the dominant public cloud, is finally confident enough in the OpenStack wares to start its internal rollout of the software underpinning its Cloud Servers, Cloud Files, and other services. By doing so, Rackspace is …
Looks like HP and Rackspace are tooling up for war...
In the last 7 days they have essentially announced exactly the same products.
Whilst both are putting on a good line of saying "it is all about the community" what it boils down to is revenue, and both companies are taking a different approach to implementing their clouds.
Rackspace are sponsors of "The Register" so there should be some sort of disclaimer/notice to that effect with this article.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL