The lazy reaction to Yahoo!‘s latest attempt at revival is cynicism, but a closer examination suggests it is playing a mixed hand of cards as well as it can. As we all know Yahoo! lost the search wars to Google, as did a bunch of other vendors that appeared well placed at the time. One of them, Alta Vista, ended up being …
Video News? yeah, no competition there, go for it Yahoo!
"slashed Yahoo!‘s search development expenses"
AKA killing the chicken for dinner tonight, but ensuring you'll not have eggs tomorrow.
This is the same thing Kodak did, selling off all its R&D & profitable divisions, then being surprised when it was left with only unprofitable divisions.
This seems to be half an article; any word on when the second half - with conclusions, implications and analysis - might be along?
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked