ICANN has extended the deadline for companies to apply for new generic top-level domains after "unusual behaviour" forced it to shut down its online application system. Just 12 hours before the 2359 UTC filing deadline last night, ICANN took its TLD Application System offline, saying it needed time to repair an unspecified …
Let's face it...
... they just wanted the opportunity to screw even more money from the punters to fund the ICANN Board's Jet Set lifestyles.
who are these clowns?
> Applicants speaking to El Reg today reported that the system was running more slowly than usual after it returned from scheduled maintenance last night.
Nobody ever does scheduled maintenance on a critical system while it's live. Or the day before a major deadline. Unless you're ICANN and fundamentals of system operations don't apply to you. Why did these fuckwits do that? Is there anyone working there who has a clue about how to run important systems or services?
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network