The prognosticators at market research firm Gartner are polishing their crystal balls again and have gazed into 2012 to see what the IT spending picture looks like, and it's a bit worse than they expected only a few months ago. And thus they have taken a little more off the top of their IT spending projections for the current …
Who cares what Gartner say? The only thing Gartner seem to get right regularly, is that idiots will pay to listen to the garbage they peddle.
*based on Windows Server
Due to the amount Gartner hates Linux, I wonder how much this means to many companies.
Look ahead...look far ahead, see that? its your past, er um...
"Gartner snips 2011 IT spending forecast – again" - they say hindsight is 20/20 - does Gartner need some corrective lenses to gaze back at spending from *last* year? Surely this can't be an el reg editorial gaff, can it?
However I do see an upswing for El Reg
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can