The prognosticators at market research firm Gartner are polishing their crystal balls again and have gazed into 2012 to see what the IT spending picture looks like, and it's a bit worse than they expected only a few months ago. And thus they have taken a little more off the top of their IT spending projections for the current …
Who cares what Gartner say? The only thing Gartner seem to get right regularly, is that idiots will pay to listen to the garbage they peddle.
*based on Windows Server
Due to the amount Gartner hates Linux, I wonder how much this means to many companies.
Look ahead...look far ahead, see that? its your past, er um...
"Gartner snips 2011 IT spending forecast – again" - they say hindsight is 20/20 - does Gartner need some corrective lenses to gaze back at spending from *last* year? Surely this can't be an el reg editorial gaff, can it?
However I do see an upswing for El Reg
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update