The prognosticators at market research firm Gartner are polishing their crystal balls again and have gazed into 2012 to see what the IT spending picture looks like, and it's a bit worse than they expected only a few months ago. And thus they have taken a little more off the top of their IT spending projections for the current …
Who cares what Gartner say? The only thing Gartner seem to get right regularly, is that idiots will pay to listen to the garbage they peddle.
*based on Windows Server
Due to the amount Gartner hates Linux, I wonder how much this means to many companies.
Look ahead...look far ahead, see that? its your past, er um...
"Gartner snips 2011 IT spending forecast – again" - they say hindsight is 20/20 - does Gartner need some corrective lenses to gaze back at spending from *last* year? Surely this can't be an el reg editorial gaff, can it?
However I do see an upswing for El Reg
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst