The industry's most promising cloud platforms have one thing in common: none of them are winning. At least, not if we equate "winning" with "lots of users" and "lots of revenue" or, more simply put, with "displacing Amazon Web Services." Even so, competition between the big contenders - OpenStack (Rackspace), CloudFoundry ( …
How the hell......
...do you write this article, without even mentioning RightScale.com?!?! I mean seriously! You talk about IaaS and PaaS and all the individual clouds own management portals, yet absolutely no mention whatsoever, of the one thing out there, that makes cloud "Truly usable", come on Matt, WTF!
I deal with cloudy thingies and virtualization all day when at work. That said, when I hear how everybody is "stack" this and "stack" that (remember when we all wore a "hat" in our company logo?), all I can think of is this, potentially NSFW, performance:
In my idealized won't-never-happen world, marketroids will realize that buzzwords really suck.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests