Retailing giant and cloud computing juggernaut Amazon has taken its in-house A9 search engine and converted it into a search service that you can buy through its Amazon Web Services unit to comb through your own documents and files. The cloudy version of the A9 search engine is called CloudSearch, appropriately enough, and goes …
and Amazon won't use the content of our documents to target us with crap adverts. Riiight.
1 point in Horseshoes
Huge untapped market, but methinks few will choose to cloud their data.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth