Security experts are warning of yet another targeted malware campaign using socially engineered emails to infiltrate pro-Tibet organisations in a bid to covertly nab sensitive files. Trend Micro threat research manager Ivan Macalintal explained in a blog post that the attacks are linked to the same command and control server …
So, if you're running a pro-Tibet website that's likely to be targetted by these attacks you've got two options: 1) try and tighten your security or 2) seed the 'private' parts of the site with interesting fake documents that suggest that certain random people are secretly backing the pro-Tibet campaigns. Nothing too obvious, perhaps some middle-ranking regional officials and military officers, relatives of more senior officials etc. Who will believe their denials?
I love black propaganda!
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action