Security experts are warning of yet another targeted malware campaign using socially engineered emails to infiltrate pro-Tibet organisations in a bid to covertly nab sensitive files. Trend Micro threat research manager Ivan Macalintal explained in a blog post that the attacks are linked to the same command and control server …
So, if you're running a pro-Tibet website that's likely to be targetted by these attacks you've got two options: 1) try and tighten your security or 2) seed the 'private' parts of the site with interesting fake documents that suggest that certain random people are secretly backing the pro-Tibet campaigns. Nothing too obvious, perhaps some middle-ranking regional officials and military officers, relatives of more senior officials etc. Who will believe their denials?
I love black propaganda!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip