Security experts are warning of yet another targeted malware campaign using socially engineered emails to infiltrate pro-Tibet organisations in a bid to covertly nab sensitive files. Trend Micro threat research manager Ivan Macalintal explained in a blog post that the attacks are linked to the same command and control server …
So, if you're running a pro-Tibet website that's likely to be targetted by these attacks you've got two options: 1) try and tighten your security or 2) seed the 'private' parts of the site with interesting fake documents that suggest that certain random people are secretly backing the pro-Tibet campaigns. Nothing too obvious, perhaps some middle-ranking regional officials and military officers, relatives of more senior officials etc. Who will believe their denials?
I love black propaganda!
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why