Security experts are warning of yet another targeted malware campaign using socially engineered emails to infiltrate pro-Tibet organisations in a bid to covertly nab sensitive files. Trend Micro threat research manager Ivan Macalintal explained in a blog post that the attacks are linked to the same command and control server …
So, if you're running a pro-Tibet website that's likely to be targetted by these attacks you've got two options: 1) try and tighten your security or 2) seed the 'private' parts of the site with interesting fake documents that suggest that certain random people are secretly backing the pro-Tibet campaigns. Nothing too obvious, perhaps some middle-ranking regional officials and military officers, relatives of more senior officials etc. Who will believe their denials?
I love black propaganda!
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed