Security experts are warning of yet another targeted malware campaign using socially engineered emails to infiltrate pro-Tibet organisations in a bid to covertly nab sensitive files. Trend Micro threat research manager Ivan Macalintal explained in a blog post that the attacks are linked to the same command and control server …
So, if you're running a pro-Tibet website that's likely to be targetted by these attacks you've got two options: 1) try and tighten your security or 2) seed the 'private' parts of the site with interesting fake documents that suggest that certain random people are secretly backing the pro-Tibet campaigns. Nothing too obvious, perhaps some middle-ranking regional officials and military officers, relatives of more senior officials etc. Who will believe their denials?
I love black propaganda!
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24