Go get the code at GitHub Twitter has open sourced numerous tweaks it has made to MySQL, stating in a blog post that the open source database “is the persistent storage technology behind most Twitter data: the interest graph, timelines, user data and the Tweets themselves.” The post says that “Due to our scale, we push MySQL a …
good on em..
MySQL - An old word meaning, "I've never heard of postgresql."
Marketing your SQL
... as opposed to ...
Possibly Odd Sounding Techie Gear Redundant for Everyone SQL?
MySQL was always better "marketed" *shrugs*
I am kindof surprised they're still running on MySQL, but have to admit that MySQL vs Postgre...thingy isn't a contest of which is better but simply that one is much much easier to talk to your boss about than something which sounds slightly greek.
As for MySQL releasing code - good for PR, good for MySQL users (bigger ones) and maybe one day the changes will get introduced into the core of the database for the rest of us.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs