Go get the code at GitHub Twitter has open sourced numerous tweaks it has made to MySQL, stating in a blog post that the open source database “is the persistent storage technology behind most Twitter data: the interest graph, timelines, user data and the Tweets themselves.” The post says that “Due to our scale, we push MySQL a …
good on em..
MySQL - An old word meaning, "I've never heard of postgresql."
Marketing your SQL
... as opposed to ...
Possibly Odd Sounding Techie Gear Redundant for Everyone SQL?
MySQL was always better "marketed" *shrugs*
I am kindof surprised they're still running on MySQL, but have to admit that MySQL vs Postgre...thingy isn't a contest of which is better but simply that one is much much easier to talk to your boss about than something which sounds slightly greek.
As for MySQL releasing code - good for PR, good for MySQL users (bigger ones) and maybe one day the changes will get introduced into the core of the database for the rest of us.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...