back to article Asian recruiters on the prowl for IT managers

The technology jobs market in China, Hong Kong and Singapore is picking up in 2012 despite continued uncertainty for firms exporting to the US and Europe, with growing opportunities for ex-pat IT pros, according to recruiters. Michael Page International’s Employment Index report for Q2 shows things are beginning to get back on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

So basically ...

... Us idiots in the western world who have been outsourcing to the third world are now shipping talent to the third world in order to make the outsourcing work?

THAT makes sense.

Manglement never really has understood IT, has it?

This post has been deleted by its author

Anonymous Coward

Brain drain?

So the Chinese want our I/T senior management? They’re welcome to most of them.

Yeah right outsourcing will collapse when a few managers from the "West" dont board a plane!

So much for superior Western education eh?

Thumb Up

Then after recruiting the muddlement they'll find that they need western engineers to sort out the muddlement's mess.

Why doesn't everyone in the West swap places with everyone in the East? That way we'd do the work that they were meant to be doing and they can have our bust public sector debts. Win-win.

Thumb Up

It'd be tough

Lawyers and polititions don't get to go, what about celebs? civil servants I assume stay with the debt they have caused what about the public sector? do you want the bloke you talk to when/if you pay you pay your council tax?

With the collapse of the finance system in 10-15 years (the cycle gets sorter each time) should only people with enough money to live be allowed to go?

By the way I'm all for it, infact if you can phone the East and let them know we're coming that would be handy.

Anonymous Coward

Prospects not so bad.

Singapore's good, Hong Kong's a pretty awesome place to be an ex-pat, but not on that list but easy to find IT jobs in is Taiwan - stunning island with near zero crime and like the others, it's pretty trivial to live there as an English speaker. The difference is that there aren't so many other Western ex-pats about. Lovely.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums