back to article Man stabbed at BlackBerry bash

Research in Motion's latest BlackBerry promotional shindig ended in bloodshed last night after a man was stabbed in the neck at the London event, which was attended by pop singer Jessie J. Police were called to a Bankside Vaults, Southwark nightclub in Southwalk shortly after midnight after a 30-year-old man was allegedly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm....

the guest list for that event looks like the most wretched horde of D-listers known to man or woman, and all combined with an opportunity to see Jessie J prove she is nothing more than a second rate Brit knock-off of Katy Perry.

RIM really has lost the plot.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hmm....

It's a shame it wasn't an event at a brewery, because they couldn't organise a p*ss up there if it was.

2. Aaron Em

That RIM

They know how to throw a party!

1. Giles Jones Gold badge

Re: That RIM

BBM = Broken Bottle Messenger?

1. Dante

Re: That RIM

Broken Bottle Melee?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why not plastic??

An event with this "Jessie Jay" character, in a nightclub, aimed at BBM using yoofs.

Why the hell were they serving glass bottles????

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should never have privatised the phone company

No riots ever happened at the GPO's launch of their latest bakelite dial-phone. The odd flicked slice of cucumber maybe, but knives and guns, oh dear me no.

And another thing - I'm just off to send a strongly worded telegram of complaint to Jessie J (for having the temerity to exist, basically, though I suppose she does help keep colour blind leotard-knitters in paid employment)

5. Paul Shirley

give them a chance..

...they're trying to move up out of the rioter end of the market ;)

6. Anonymous Coward 101
    FAIL

I have an image of a RIM senior executive reading this...

...and then proceeding to hold his head in his hands. Yet more horrible publicity.

1. Audrey S. Thackeray

Doubt it will have a negative effect on sales, possibly the reverse - no such thing as bad publicity etc

7. David 155
    FAIL

why

why are they promoting bbm? Its not new

8. RyokuMas
    Joke

Probably...

... because he happened to be carrying a Windows Phone 7...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

... because he happened to be carrying a Windows Phone 7...

If he'd bought a Windows Phone 7 he probably stabbed himself in the neck.

9. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Happy

Thankfully I've got a Nokia

The most I'm ever going to receive is a cutting remark.

1. cocknee

Re: Thankfully I've got a Nokia

And a phone that truly multi-tasks with a decent battery life. And if you've got an N8, still the best camera too until the 808 comes out.

Oh it's a dead OS....... it's a fucking phone and I couldn't give monkey's for 98% of the shite in the App stores as the most useful ones are there anyway.

10. min

a blackberry party in a nightclub on a wee..

..knight aimed at drunken yoofs.

Yoofanasia i tell you.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: a blackberry party in a nightclub on a wee..

A wee knight? Have you been watching Game of Thrones?

11. Philippe
    Coat

Always in the News

Rim would do anything to stay in the news. . and that's a news who will make the "cut".

12. Jonathan 10

"But perhaps RIM really should turn its attentions to the juvenile consumer market, rather than focus on the business end"

Dont forget the criminals. For instance, BBM is very useful in enabling addicts having secure coms to their dealers.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow...

...those guys just can't catch a break. I mean, the PlayBook is finally getting to where it should have been at launch - some cool apps, a really nice store interface, and it's already rock solid and fast with excellent multitasking - and then some people try to kill one another at a promo event! You just can't win...

14. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

BAN THE PHONE-WEAPON NOW !!!

..before the Paedos will use it to view pictures of your little baby !! It clearly only facilitates crime ! Shurely we can find a terrist who has a BB, that's one more strong reason !

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Then people have the nerver to have a go at punk and metal clubs saying they're violent! At least they know we're going to go nuts and get pissed at metal/punk gigs so they don't serve us glass containers in case someone has a bit too much and starts a punch up. Of course if someone does start a punch they usually get a severe kicking from everyone else for being a complete prick and spoiling everyone else's fun, that's before the bouncers/security get a chance to chuck them out!

You pack a room full of d-list celebs with less talent than a squashed spud, chuck in some coporate sponsorship, invite a load of yobs on the lookout for some cheap "happy-juice" served in glass containers of all thing, nope can't see why that ended in near tragedy!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I've never felt threatened at a metal club.

In fact, todays metallers / goths are tomorrows techies.

Whereas a dingy nightclub with "Jessie Jay" worshipping blue-WKD swigging yoofs would be my idea of hell.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Coat

"I've never felt threatened at a metal club."

That's just because you're the one with the broken bottle.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Well at least it wasn't a RIM employee involved

Well at least we know it wasn't a RIM employee involved. We know this as once arrested he failed to chew his way thru the restraints! This and a RIM employee would never glass somebody, not unless they had a apple and then they would use that to cut them.

So dear Goverment about to impose 40p per unit drinks upon the 99.99% of people who don't casue a problem to fix the .01% of idiots who can clearly get free drinks anyhow!

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's one guy

... who's got an invite to the next Nokia party.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like