No matter how you define it, cloud computing is big. The 451 Group forecasts the cloud computing market to hit $16.7bn in revenue by 2013, while Forrester more aggressively projects it to top $241bn by 2020. A variety of vendors are angling to own a significant chunk of that revenue, with "open" displacing "cheap" as the …
The real measure of openness....
...is how easy or difficult it will be to tell the vendor to go to hell.
Open formats and open-source tools are probably the best way to keep that option available, but not the only way. Openness is whatever achieves the opposite of lock-in.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast