No matter how you define it, cloud computing is big. The 451 Group forecasts the cloud computing market to hit $16.7bn in revenue by 2013, while Forrester more aggressively projects it to top $241bn by 2020. A variety of vendors are angling to own a significant chunk of that revenue, with "open" displacing "cheap" as the …
The real measure of openness....
...is how easy or difficult it will be to tell the vendor to go to hell.
Open formats and open-source tools are probably the best way to keep that option available, but not the only way. Openness is whatever achieves the opposite of lock-in.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN