Feeds

back to article iPhone fanbois enraged by Instagram's Android triumph

Photo-bleaching camera app Instagram has notched up more than a million downloads in its first 24 hours on sale in the Android store. But the rush of new fandroids posting sepia-toned snaps of their breakfast has pissed off Apple fanbois, who have moaned that the pic-sharing side of the app is becoming too crowded. Instagram on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Silver badge

wtb "u mad bro" icon

Trollface

Try this one for the time being.

Anonymous Coward

But Android fans will argue for hours of forums about how their phone gives them the freedom to bring a service to its knees.

iPhone users <> Apple fanbois

iPhone users <> Apple fanbois

Anonymous Coward

Re: iPhone users <> Apple fanbois

"<>"? Pascal programmers != real programmers

Silver badge

Actually "<>" is used in far more places than just Pascal.

And *real* programmers would have to use the hex code for jump not equal specific to their chosen architecture.

Silver badge
Coat

or:

Pascal programmers .NE. Real programmers

Mine is the one with the Fortran 77 Manual

Silver badge

Actually real programmers would say something to the effect of:

0110100101010000011010000110111101101110011001010010000001010101011100110110010101110010011100110010000000100001001111010010000001000001011100000111000001101100011001010010000001000110011000010110111001100010011011110110100101110011

But of course it would vary dependent upon their platform.

Silver badge
Boffin

You probably need a load, compare and jump not zero along the lines of 3E<byte1>FE<byte2>CA<address>

Brings back memories...

Silver badge

Sorry, that should of course be C2, not CA. Silly me, got my logic the wrong way around again.

Judging by the (at the time of writing) downvote, there's one programmer still eating quiche.

Silver badge

Is that big- or little-endian?

Silver badge

Real programmers (who by definition, don't eat quiche) should be down voting that.

Real programmers don't use any high level language.

Actually, real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand.

Silver badge
Happy

Real programmers avoid branches where possible, consider using predicates instead.

A real programmer would use:

69 50 68 6F 6E 65

or

41 6E 64 72 6F 69 64

This post has been deleted by its author

<> is googlewhacked...

Your search - <> - did not match any documents.

Enough! BR R14 and goodnight!

Trollface

Whatever.. C RULES!!!

g e
Silver badge
FAIL

BWHAHAHAHA!

That is all.

Apart from 'You didn't really think they wouldn't expand their app onto something as big as Android, did you?'

These naive people who think companies are somehow their 'friends'... sheesh.

Anonymous Coward

Re: BWHAHAHAHA!

Quite so

but it's Instagram users not iphone users, though obviously they were kind of one and the same until yesterday

Not everyone with an iPhone uses instagram

Trollface

Sour grapes?

...or just Grapes of Wrath?

Silver badge

Re: Sour grapes?

At least now they can make some wine...

Anonymous Coward

Re: Sour grapes?

...... it just irks.

WTF?

Won't some hip Web 2.0 silicon roundabout social company give Ms Anna Leach a job already, so she can stop writing articles about shit she finds on Twitter?

"Ode To A Small Lump Of Green Putty I Found In My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" comes to mind when reading this "article".

Anonymous Coward

@Metavisor

Does an alarm go off in your basement when someone posts an article criticising Apple?

(Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Hang on

I'm appalled/shocked/pleased that El Reg doesn't count as a 'hip Web 2.0 silicon roundabout social company' in your eyes.

Anonymous Coward

Re: @Metavisor

If by 'basement' you mean 'trousers'...

Unhappy

In fairness

"shit I found on Twitter" pretty much sums up most of the BBC's journalistic output these days.

Generally find those obsessed with photography to be general life losers with nothing interesting of their own to talk about, just other peoples fun and memories.

Sad really, good to see Android getting in on all the "arty" top of the face, hat on rakeish angle to hide your fat fun though.

Anonymous Coward

Wow that's some moronic generalisation there.

Facepalm

@Jeebus

"Generally find those obsessed with photography to be general life losers with nothing interesting of their own to talk about . . . "

Bit sweeping that one I think Jeebus.

Silver badge
Linux

Points ->

Ha Ha

Re: Points ->

Nicely played sir...

FAIL

As well all knew.

Instagram wasn't popular with iPhone owners because it was any good (both iPhone and Android have the vastly superior Pixel-o-matic), it was because it was exclusive to them.

All the iphone dickheads will now move onto something else to proclaim as the best thing since sliced bread, the only criteria is that it needs to be iOS exclusive....

Stop

Re: As well all knew.

Pixlr-o-matic isn't integrated with its own photo sharing social network, which is precisely what Instagram IS ALL ABOUT.

Do you even read anything other than your posts?

Anonymous Coward

And with Android, the intents allow you to share application data with any web service you want.

Why would I want all my friends on G+ or Facebook to have to sign up to a ***ANOTHER** service just so they can view my hipster picture of downgraded and scratchy photos?

The answer is, I don't want them too, i'm not that self-centered...

Anonymous Coward

And neither is every iPhone user. What's your point? You don't seem to have one apart from trying to appear morally superior.

Anonymous Coward

So something to avoid then, good to know!

"Pixlr-o-matic isn't integrated with its own photo sharing social network"

...Which makes it better by definition.

Instagram - Why??!

Why turn your high quality camera into a box brownie?

Seriously - I just don't get it.

Unless you're covering up the poor quality of your Apple product's camera.

Oh....

Re: Instagram - Why??!

Judging by the "photos" (mangled pieces of crap) I see posted every day, I envisage a generation of kids who'll be seriously clue-sticking their parents in a few years time as to why, oh why, oh why, etc. "Because it looks like an old print, dear". "An old WHAT?"

Anonymous Coward

ORLY?

iPhone 4S http://instagr.am/p/I-fP3KFzZT/

Nexus Galaxy http://instagr.am/p/I-fPpPFzZS/

Anonymous Coward

And you picked the Nexus because? If you want to pick a Android model with a iPhone4s beating camera, try and Xperia (Arc S, or the S), both of which are as good as, if not better in outside light, but MUCH better than an iPhone 4s in low light and indoor shots.

Anonymous Coward

Poor quality camera? I suggest reading reviews instead showing your bias. facts are much more convincing than opinions. But then, you'd have nothing to say.

Mushroom

Some people consider taking pictures "art". I consider it taking an f-ing picture that any idiot with a camera and no skill could do.

Same with "modern art" which consists of random splatters of paint that sell for thousands of dollars. There are few artists left, the rest of them are self centered idiots.

Anonymous Coward

Has to be a troll..... Either that or a sadly deluded idiot. Or both.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.