Feeds

back to article Chinese social sites lift post-coup controls

The Chinese authorities have as promised allowed social media giants Tencent and Sina to re-open their popular micro-blogging platforms to comments, although these firms could face a tough time going forward as government censors increase their scrutiny. Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo were singled out by the Party after apparently …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
WTF?

Going forward?

Going forward?

Oh, you mean in future! You do realise, don't you, that you can omit the execrable phrase 'going forward' and your sentence will still make sense? After all, it's unlikely that they could be facing a tough time in the past, isn't it?

Anonymous Coward

is this not

The kind of scrutiny that they want to put us under here in the UK?

Power is to control and to control is power which is exactly what governments want to do.

Silver badge
Big Brother

Maybe they've just received a big order for snooping kit from the UK. China often favours foreign sales over domestic.

..and a quick cheery 'fuck off' to anyone working at GCHQ from me.

Silver badge

Re your last sentence: it encompasses all staff, including those who just do the cleaning. If you wanted to extend a cheery greeting to the correct people, perhaps you should have scrambled it? :)

This post has been deleted by its author

Bronze badge
Stop

Staff?

You think cleaning and other facilities management staff are working for GCHQ? They work for G4S, Carrillion and BT under the umbrella of Integrated Accommodation Services (IAS), a PFI:

http://www.gchq.gov.uk/AboutUs/Pages/Our-Business-Partners-at-Cheltenham.aspx

Silver badge
Thumb Up

I'm assuming that GCHQ is a keyword and that only the spooks will read messages flagged as suspicious. If the cleaning and catering staff at GCHQ are reading El Reg then I apologise to them :)

This topic is closed for new posts.