back to article Sony diagnoses Xperia S screen jaundice

Sony admitted that tis flagship smartphone, the Xperia S, has display issues after reports surfaced that the screen goes yellow when the device gets too warm. "Sony Mobile Communications has identified that the display on a limited number of Xperia S smartphones may show a slight yellow tint if exposed to temperatures above 40 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"how can we make a story out of nothing"?

Simple, take the "small amount" bit out...

Really, what's the hidden agenda here? I note with interest that most manufacturers don't get dedicated news items for small batch manufacturing problems...

1. Bodhi
      Trollface

Re: "how can we make a story out of nothing"?

But Sony did a rootkit like 10 years ago! On a CD 4 people bought! they are teh evil and must be punished!

Or the real answer would be to say that I think Sony have shown great integrity here. Rather than trying to sweep it under the carpet or tell users they were looking at it wrong, they have held their hands up and said - Slight issue, we'll sort you a new one if you have this issue, no questions asked.

2. Toxteth O'Gravy
      Facepalm

Re: "how can we make a story out of nothing"?

Well, what's your agenda here that you blissfully and uncritically accept Sony's word that 'only a small number' of phones are affected? If any other company said that, you'd be calling them liars.

Or are you really saying that Sony has shipped so few Xperia S handsets that hardly anyone is affected by the problem?

But kudos to Sony for admitting there *is* a problem. Not like a certain other smartphone maker 'i' could mention...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Sony+android+El Reg

EL Reg the european Tech site that favours Android. No wonder why they report this.

IMHO they should better focus on European tech instead of propaganda for yet another US corporation. This time coupled with a Joint US-Japanese conglomerate.

Anyway, what's all the fuss about. Sony using shoddy materials? Djeez, they've been doing it since the K750i. Nothing to see... move on!

1. N13L5

Re: Sony+android+El Reg

"Focus on European Tech"

...what European Tech??

The only tech still made in europe are weapons, cars and large industrial or medical machinery. Anything for consumers? Forget it... we can't even make our own surveillance cameras :P

And if Sony is US to you, then you'd have to declare Nokia US as well, what with their wonderful trojan horse CEO.

2. Ilgaz

Summer

Let me remind them summer and direct sunlight soon.

That "low number of devices" may rise very fast.

3. OrsonX

40'C

just sell the duff ones on the UK, nobody will ever see the issue.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like