Phonedeck's promises to integrate an Android phone with a desktop computer though PIM synchronisation could yet prove its downfall. The service launches today, with an Android application and an HTML5 control panel. The application enables the control panel to make and answer calls (on the mobile) as well as manage SMS messages …
Isn't this was DeskSMS does already?
Mobile vs Desk Phone
"The problem is that, in the UK at least, most of us reach for a desk phone when making a call"
The thing is that this is demonstrably false. People have their contacts on their mobile, and that's where they dial from (except for possibly conference calls where the number is in the Outlook invite). This seems to be taking single point of presence functionality that's getting big in the corporate world and giving it to the regular end user, which for free isn't bad.
Re: Mobile vs Desk Phone
So a better, easier and cheaper alternative is to pair your mobile with the deskphone.
Bluetooth headset profile over wifi anyone? or... SIP?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA