iPhone 5 rumours picked up a couple of notches today after a Foxconn recruiter let slip that the manufacturer is hiring staff for the next-gen Apple phone's production. A human resources worker from Foxconn's Taiyuan, Shanxi Province plant said the company is hiring 18,000 workers for the fifth-generation iPhone, the World …
Did the really ask that to the guard manning the entrance gate? ... And published an article based on the answer?
What's next in journalism? News based on Ouija board seances? Tasseography?
Too big for me unless it is an edge to edge screen.
does it really correlate with the predictions from February? or is it not more likely that he's gotten the June date from those analysts'
random guesses predictions
Just a recruitment ploy. "Do you want to come and work for us assembling some crappy old ADSL box" or "Do you want to come and work for us assembling the new iPhone."
There's always so many rumours that it's easy to pick out which ones were true after the event and forget all the rumours that were wrong.
If you shoot enough in the dark, some are bound to hit the target.
5th Gen iPhone...
...that'd be the iPhone 4S then?
How's it 5th generation when it's not the 5th one?
Looking for a job?
He should be.
I heard that the iPhone 5 will be able to make a cup of tea.
Needless to say I would be very impressed by that.
Only in the US, tea making in other parts of the world may be available "at a later date".
This will lead to at lease two lawsuits:
1) Someone in America will be unable to get it to make tea some of the time and issue a lawsuit for false advertising.
2) Someone outside of America will view the American adverts online and issue a lawsuit for false advertising, even though it is not an advertised feature in their country.
When these stories are aired in El Reg there will be a huge number of comments hoping that Apple lose both lawsuits badly and are put out of business, presumably this will make the world a better place somehow.
19,000 new employees?
So what happens to the survivors of the previous model?
lets hope it looks better the previous iOS's. iPhone looks tired thats it's physical design and its OS.
Mind you, the mindless will buy it even if it were a turd!
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?