back to article Runtastic Push Up

Those of you with six-packs, biceps of iron and a physique from a eugenicist’s wet dream can stop reading now. For the rest of us, who have been planning to “get fit” next week, next month or next year, Runtastic’s Push Up app may be just what’s needed to whet our blunted purpose. The idea behind this app - like all the best …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eponymous Cowherd

Crunch............

as your arms give way and your face smashes into the screen.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Most android devices have a light sensor posing as a proximity sensor, so not surprising that it doesn't work very well in that mode - you generally get 3 levels of distance: covering the sensor, in shadow, or in direct light.

1. Miffo

Proximity sensor

How do they work at night? Shouldn't my phone be hiding the phone dialler straight away as there's no light? Not that I've experimented - maybe it does!

2. CraigW

Err, not for about 2 years

See title.

3. Graham Bartlett

All very well

But if you work on one muscle group without also working on the counteracting muscle group, you'll get a strange out-of-kilter look, and possibly other problems too. Push-ups work your pecs, but unless you also work your back muscles then you're going to end up all round-shouldered as your newly-toned pecs pull your arms forward into a shambling neanderthal posture. Solution is to do some pull-ups as well, which are the perfect counterpart to push-ups.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: All very well

/me patents a phone with a Velcro back cover.

4. Jon Double Nice

Will there be celebrity voiced editions?

A la sat navs? They should make one with Julian Clary.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Be aware that (according to a commenter on the Market), the free version stops working after 3 days and to continue you have to purchase the Pro version, but then you lose the first 3 days of stats.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Before and After pics so we can see if the reviewer really used the app. and judge the boob bulging efficacy of the regime.

Thank you.

7. armyknife

Titles are for toffs

Does almost every activity and experience just HAVE to be mediated through a smartphone or ipad ?

1. Some Beggar

Re: Titles are for toffs

My arse has never been cleaner since I bought the iWipez app and "sponge on stick" accessory.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like