Pastebin.com has promised to police content on its site more tightly by hiring staff to delete data dumps and other sensitive information more quickly. The site, one of several of its type and originally set up primarily for programmers, has become a favourite dumping ground for hacktivists from Anonymous and LulzSec over recent …
So pastebin makes it's money from advertising. Advertising depends on viewers and they get lots from all the curious people looking at the hack dumps. So if they stop hosting hack dumps gradually people will drift away and the visitor numbers will drop leading to less income from advertising. They won't be able to afford the staff to monitor the dumps then. End of pastebin.
but a less precipitous and more remunerative end than what'll likely result from being known as Anonymous' #1 favorite place to dump hampers full of dirty laundry.
all the myriad of paste bin sites around the place not a big loss.
read all the quotes in a wheezy, James Earl Jones voice?
Re: Who else
"I find your lack of faith in copyright *disturbing*."
"I do hear from people in the hackers' community that many hackers like to test their DDOS skills on Pastebin."
Wow! What a great skill to have! Being able to launch a DDOS attack! I'm just about to exercise the same level of skill by clicking 'submit' to post this message !!
Doesn't that mean they are dumping their business model? After all what else is Pastebin useful for?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?