Feeds

back to article Huawei looks to India to spur 4G revenue growth

Chinese telecoms equipment maker Huawei is looking to ramp up its investment in India to capitalise on the country’s 4G plans, as western markets become increasingly hostile towards the firm. Local daily The Economic Times revealed that Huawei made around $1.2 billion from India in 2011 and plans to grow its revenues there this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Everyone in the world and his dog are getting 4G, but here in the UK the arguments continue.

By the time 4G appears here we'll be at the 8G stage in the rest of the world.

Anonymous Coward

Wasn't India one of the ones that said "no Huawei, no way"

I was under the impression that India also had said No to Huawei. Or am I misremembering?

Anonymous Coward

Re: Wasn't India one of the ones that said "no Huawei, no way"

There was a 6 month ban on selling equipment in India, however the new research centre in Bangalore which Bill Ray wrote about clears a few things up -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/23/huawei_india/

Boffin

«... as western markets become increasingly hostile towards the firm [i e, Huawei]»

Unfortunately, but hardly surprisingly, Mr Muncaster here confuses «markets» with «governments» ; it is the latter rather than the former which are displaying their unremitting hostility to Huawei and other Chinese enterprises which are enjoying significant and increasing success internationally. Were, indeed, the markets themselves hostile, the governments would hardly have been moved to intervene....

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.